Marion United Methodist Church

My photo
Marion, Kentucky, United States
Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, they don't hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous............. -- Will Rogers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Who's Calling Your Name?


Sir David Edgeworth and his assistant, Douglas Mawson, accompanied Ernest Shackleton on his legendary expedition to the South Pole in 1907-1909. While working in his tent one day, Mawson heard the muffled of Sir Edgeworth outside: "Are you very busy?" Edgeworth asked. "Yes, I am," Mawson replied. "What's the matter?" "Are you really very busy?" Edgeworth asked again. "Yes," snapped Mawson. "What is it you want?" "Well," Edgeworth replied apologetically after a moment of silence, "I'm down a crevasse, and I don't think I can hang on much longer."
.
How many are calling our name, needing our help and the help of Christ, but we're too busy to notice?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment