Marion United Methodist Church

My photo
Marion, Kentucky, United States
Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, they don't hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous............. -- Will Rogers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Still Know

.
He was in his 80's, and his wife had been in a nursing home for some time. He faithfully continued to do everything for her that he possibly could. One day he had to stop at a medical clinic to have some stitches removed from his thumb. He asked the nurse if the doctor could see him quickly, because he had an important appointment at 9 a.m. "What appointment is that?" the nurse wanted to know. "I need to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with my wife." "Is your wife ill?" asked the nurse. "Yes, she has Alzhermier's." "Would your wife mind if you were a bit late?" "Oh, no," he said, "she hasn't recognized me for five years." "And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?"

And the man just smiled. "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

.............................................Rumors, Ralph Milton

No comments:

Post a Comment