Marion United Methodist Church

My photo
Marion, Kentucky, United States
Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, they don't hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous............. -- Will Rogers

Friday, February 6, 2009

On Fund Raising

...The church secretary answered the phone, and the caller rather boisterously asked, "Is the head hog at the trough there?"
...The secretary said, "Please sir, do not refer to our pastor as the head hog at the trough. That's quite disrespectful."
..."Oh, I'm very sorry. I meant nothing by that. It's just a local phrase we use in the part of the country I come from. The real reason I called was to donate $100,000 to your building fund."
...To which the secretary promptly replied, "Hold on, sir. I see the 'Big Oinker' coming through the door right now."


I agree -- call me anything you like, just call me to supper, ... or to come collect a check! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment