Marion United Methodist Church

My photo
Marion, Kentucky, United States
Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, they don't hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous............. -- Will Rogers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

On Walking

I know I need to be more disciplined about walking. But I did enjoy these Walking One-Liners in Homiletics magazine:
  • I joined health club last year; spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently, you have to go there.
  • Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional five months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.
  • The advantage of exercising every day is so when you die, they'll say, "Well, she looks good, doesn't she?"
  • I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment