Marion United Methodist Church

My photo
Marion, Kentucky, United States
Never blame a legislative body for not doing something. When they do nothing, they don't hurt anybody. When they do something is when they become dangerous............. -- Will Rogers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Run for the Roses

On their 50th wedding anniversary, a couple summed up the reason for their long and happy marriage. Said the husband, "I have tried never to be selfish. After all, there's no 'I' in the word marriage." Chimed in the wife, "For my part, I have never corrected my husband's spelling."


And then, there was John, the crotchety old fellow who always took breakfast with his wife. He would read the morning paper while she fumed at his neglect, and today of all days because it was their 25th wedding anniversary.

"John! John! Put down that paper and let's talk about how we are going to celebrate our wedding anniversary today. What do you suggest?"

John put down the newspaper, removed and polished his glasses, stared for a moment or two into the distance, and said, "How about two minutes of silence?"

No comments:

Post a Comment